POLS-Y 335 WEST EUROPEAN POLITICS (3 CR.)
Development, structure, and functioning of political systems, primarily in France, Italy, and Germany. Political dynamics of European integration.
1 classes found
|LEC||3||12205||Open||1:10 p.m.–2:25 p.m.||TR||GA 1122||Hellwig T
Regular Academic Session / In Person
LEC 12205: Total Seats: 54 / Available: 31 / Waitlisted: 0Show Details for section 12205
- COLL (CASE) Global Civ & Cultr
- COLL (CASE) S&H Breadth of Inq
- Above class meets with EURO-W 301
- COLL (CASE) S&H Breadth of Inquiry credit
- COLL (CASE) Global Civ & Culture credit
- Above class meets In Person. For more information visit https://covid.iu.edu/learning-modes/index.html
Western European Politics Europe is adrift. Immigration fears have given rise to new and radical political parties. The forces of globalization and Europeanization have called into question what it means to be a sovereign nation. This course attempts to make sense of these and other developments in European politics. We will compare structures, processes, and policies across countries to highlight similarities and differences. While we will cover European politics in general, we will delve deeper into three large European democracies, Britain, France, and Germany, and draw comparisons to the United States.