POLS-Y 339 MIDDLE EASTERN POLITICS (3 CR.)
Political culture and change in selected Middle Eastern and North African countries. Topics include political elites, traditional cultures, modern political ideology, institutions of political control, conflict management, and social reform policies.
1 classes found
|LEC||3||22139||Open||1:10 p.m.–2:25 p.m.||MW||WB WEB||Sinno A
Regular Academic Session / Distance Synchronous Video
LEC 22139: Total Seats: 55 / Available: 41 / Waitlisted: 0Show Details for section 22139
- COLL (CASE) Global Civ & Cultr
- COLL (CASE) S&H Breadth of Inq
- Above class meets with MELC-M 339
- COLL (CASE) S&H Breadth of Inquiry credit
- COLL (CASE) Global Civ & Culture credit
- Above class meets 100% Online through Synchronous instruction. For more information visit https://covid.iu.edu/learning-modes/index.html
This course introduces you to the interaction among people, governments and outside powers in the Middle East and North Africa--a vast and complex area that stretches from Morocco to Afghanistan and from Turkey to the Sudan. Topics addressed include many of the following: Background (geography, history, culture and religion); the colonial era and legacy; the Cold War and post-Cold War eras; US involvement in Middle East; Wars and conflicts; Israeli-Palestinian conflict; War in Afghanistan; Regimes and revolutions; and the Arab Spring.